Delivering quality software requires a team focus to meet the customer's business needs. The Boston Group's proven software process model, is based upon satisfying business requirements and delivering high quality, robust solutions.
Our process model provides a project planning structure that consists of four distinct phases. Each phase culminates in an externally visible milestone.
The following list discusses key activities for the phases of an application development project.
The purpose of the conceptualize phase is for the team and the customer to create a high-level view of the projectís goals and constraints. Following deliverables are met at the end of this phase:
This phase culminates in the project plan/scope approved milestone.
- The main deliverable during this phase is the vision/scope document, which contains an analysis of the business problem, a description of the goals for the application, an outline of the solution concept, profiles of the applicationís users, and design goals.
- The team drafts a master project plan, and a master project schedule. The master project plan describes how the application will be built, and the master project schedule describes when and in what order it will be built.
The purpose of the Design phase, is to ramp-up the team size based on the project scope, business knowledge transition among the team. During this phase the team
This phase culminates in the system prototype approved milestone.
- Drafts a functional specification document, that describes what will be built and includes content such as system design goals, requirements, features, and dependencies.
- Proposes system architecture and address security and scalability issues
- Uses our offshore team to bring speed and evolution expertise to the process.
- Delivers a working prototype of the system ready for usability testing and review
The purpose of the Develop phase, is to focus on building and testing the application. This phase involves a series of internal releases of the application, developed in parallel and in modules, to measure the progress of the application and to ensure the pieces of the application are synchronized.
This phase culminates in the scope complete milestone.
- Refine specifications and architecture
- Uses our offshore development team to create high-quality, cost-effective applications
- Test and quality assure the entire application
The purpose of the Stabilize phase, is to test the application in a natural environment. During this phase the team:
This phase culminates in the application release milestone.
- Resolves outstanding issues
- Completes documentation for the project
- Transitions knowledge to the client
Comprehensive. Field-tested. And fully scalable. Our process model ensures quality service and rapid delivery for companies of every size.